Aegis Health is delivering an 80-bed Private and Public Mental Health Unit as part of a new 330-bed health complex in Murdoch, including an 80-bed MediHotel, announced by the WA Minister for Health, Roger Cook, in August 2020.
Aegis Health is developing the major health complex with leading WA developer Hesperia and its head contractor Multiplex.
- Construction at Murdoch Square, within the Murdoch Health & Knowledge Precinct (MHKP) commenced in 2020.
- Completion is scheduled for mid-2023.
This integrated complex is well underway and will deliver innovative person-centered mental health services including:
- Private Mental Health services comprising 60 new inpatient beds, Day Therapy, Neurostimulation treatment, and Consulting Suites.
- Public MediHotel Mental Health offering 20 beds that will assist in meeting a critical need and reducing pressure on the health system.
- The combined 80 mental health beds will showcase innovative services derived from the WA Department of Health’s Sustainable Health Review.
- Both public and private patients living south of the river will be able to readily access critically needed mental health support.
A host of other new services available in the Aegis Complex will include:
- A Public MediHotel offering 80 new beds to improve patient access and reduce pressure on public general medical and surgical services.
- Urgent Care Clinic to decrease the load on Emergency Departments.
- On-site pathology, radiology and pharmacy by leading service providers.
- Training Centre of excellence for medical, nursing, allied health, and a range of new community support positions.
The Murdoch Health & Knowledge Precinct offers major advantages:
- Co-location with Fiona Stanley Hospital and St John of God Hospital as well as the Murdoch University Campus.
- Integrated Aegis Health Aged Care Facility to offer 182 Federally funded places in a premium residential setting within an outstanding lifestyle environment.
- Support from a wide range of other medical services in adjoining buildings to provide the full spectrum of specialist health care.
- Close proximity to many other Murdoch Precinct amenities including food outlets, cafes, supermarket, gym, and childcare centre.
- Easy access to the major Murdoch train / bus public transport hub and Kwinana Freeway.
- Thriving on-site community and a significant employment centre for the southern Perth metropolitan region.
Achievement of this unique integrated health complex is a result of close collaboration and strong support of others who share the vision including:
- WA Minister for Health
- WA Department of Health
- South Metropolitan Health Service and Fiona Stanley Hospital Partnership Group
- HBF, the leading Private Health Fund in WA; and
- Specialist medical services providers
The opening of Aegis Health Murdoch will serve as a significant step forward to assist in meeting our urgent public and community need for mental health, emergency department, and general medical services in Western Australia.
More information on Aegis health is available here.